October 12, 2019
Family members are welcome at all the CS Alumni events; other free-time activities for Saturday include local points of interest with the option of returning to Duncan Hall for snack breaks and lunch OR an all-day NASA tour.
8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Grab-and-go Continental Breakfast ready at 8:00 a.m. in Duncan Hall
- 8:45 a.m. – Shuttle bus departs Duncan Hall
- 9:40 a.m. – Behind-the-scenes private Tram tour of NASA
- 11:10 a.m. – 60-minute guided Tour of Space Center Houston
- 12:10 p.m. – Lunch in the Zero G diner
- 12:45 p.m – Free time to explore the rest of the attractions
- 3:15 p.m. – Shuttle bus departs NASA for return to Duncan Hall
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Keynotes and Panels
9:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- CS Alumni Keynote by Chris Hyams
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tech Dive Panel: The Role of Programming Systems while Hardware Specialization is Exploding
- Career Perspective Panel: Product Management
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- Grab-and-go lunch; explore campus
Welcome, Keynote and Panels
1:30 – 1:35 p.m.
- Welcome! Dean Reginald DesRoches, George R. Brown School of Engineering
1:45 – 2:15 p.m.
- CS Faculty Keynote by Moshe Vardi
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- CS Curriculum Panel
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Tech Dive Panel: Machine Learning – What’s Left to Learn?
- Career Perspective Panel: What was Useful (about my Rice CS Experience) 5-35 years after graduation
Dinner and Beer Debates
- Free time; head to favorite restaurants
8:00 – 9:30 p.m.
- CS Alumni and Faculty Beer Debates in Duncan Hall