October 11, 2019
Family members are welcome at all the CS Alumni events; other free-time activities for Friday include local museums and Hermann Park.
- Hermann Park (pedal boats, Japanese garden, railroad, etc.)
- The Houston Zoo
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- The Health Museum
- The Children’s Museum of Houston
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Rice University, locations TBD
9:00 – 9:50 a.m.
- Intro to Program Design with Dan Wallach
- Data Science Tools and Models (Graduate level) with Risa Myers
10:00 – 10:50 a.m.
- Data Science Tools and Models with Chris Jermaine
- Statistical Models for Data Science with Devika Subramanian
- Object Oriented Programming and Design (Graduate level) with Mackale Joyner
11:00 – 11:50 a.m.
- Compiler Construction with Keith Cooper
Lunch with CS Faculty OR Dev Tools Panel
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Faculty Club lunch with Rice CS Professors
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Shuttle bus past The Ion (new innovation center) to Two Sigma
- Lunch, Tour, and Panel at Two Sigma
- Containerization including Docker
- Shuttle bus returns to Duncan Hall
Innovation Today and Tomorrow
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. throughout Duncan Hall
- 1:30-2:00 p.m. Rice CS Research Spotlights in McMurtry Auditorium
- 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. Research and Demo Stations in Martel Hall
Better Outcomes through Inclusion
3:30-5:00 p.m. in McMurtry Auditorium
Dinner Options: Supper in the Colleges OR Entrepreneurship Panel
5:00 – 6:15 p.m.
- Head to Residential Colleges, Dine, and Return to Duncan Hall
5:00 – 6:15 p.m.
- “Launching and Investing in Startups” panel with dinner in Duncan Hall
Welcome and Keynotes
6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Welcome! CS in Retrospect: 1984-2004 by Keith Cooper
7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- CS Alumni Keynote Address by Rebecca Parsons
7:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- CS Faculty Keynote Address by Lydia Kavraki
8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Cookies and Conversation